Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moby's New Album



Moby has released Destroyed that hit stores everywhere May 17. Though I am not through the entire album, it has already grabbed me. For awhile I lost interest in Moby because I was not impressed by Late Night his 2008 homage to the disco days. His next album Wait for Me followed and it was good. Just good. Not as great as 18 & it didnt even compare to Play. With the release of Destroyed, Moby has finally gone back to his roots. His use of strings and repetitive sampling make up his art form and for some time I thought he had lost it. I have to listen to the whole album five, six, hell even seven more times before I can really voice my opinion, but from what I've heard I think it's amazing.

For new listeners to Moby I would suggest starting with his 1999 album Play. This in my opinion is Moby at his best. However his follow up album 18 is also among his finest works. So start listening and enjoy!